2003 – Pilchuck Glass School, Stanwood, WA, USA – Glass Engraving and Printing Techniques under Jiří Harcuba (1928 – 2013) 2000 – Staatliche Glasfachschule Hadamar, Germany – Qualified as Glass Cutter Journeyman (Glasveredler, Fachrichtung Schliff), top of class. 1997 – Tshwane University of Technology, Hillview Arts Campus (previously known as Technikon Pretoria)
Courses: Sculpture, Glass, General & Figure Drawing, Printmaking, Photography
Solo Projects & Exhibitions
2017 – “Future Origin” – Longstreet Art Lovers 1931, Pretoria
2016 – “Air” – Longstreet Art Lovers 1932, Pretoria
– “Aether & Substance” – View Gallery, The Factory on Grant, Johannesburg
– “Cosmic Ignition” – The Mother Flame Collective, Afrika Burn, Tankwa, Karoo, South Africa (Samuel Weisenborn, Billy Marschall, Thomas König, Inglin Böttcher, Lothar Böttcher)
A participatory artwork where volunteers reflect sunlight using 300 mirrors on a target to ignite the “Mother Flame”, bringing fire from the sky through collective participation.
– “ANOMALY” – Parts & Labour, Maboneng Precinct, Arts on Main, 264 Fox St., Johannesburg. Opened by Dr. Gerry King.
2017 – Stable 2017, The Melrose Gallery, Jahannesburg
– Material +Form, Keramikmuseum Westerwald, Höhr-Grenzhausen, Germany
– The George Bizos 90th Birthday Celebration & SAHETI Scholarship Fund Artists Draw Fundraiser, Sponsored two works for fundraiser exhibition.
– 1200 Degrees Celcius, Anecdotes Gallery & Project Space, 1 Eloff St., Joziburg Lane, Johannesburg
– Lothar Böttcher & Sotiris Moldovanos, Dawid Ras Gallery, Sandhurst, Johannesburg
– Snake Eyes 2.0, Aardklop National Arts Festival, Potchefstroom. Curated by Found Collective and collaborated with Christo Niemandt.
– SculptX, The Melrose Gallery, Johannesburg
– Art@ The Clocktower, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
– Turbine Art Fair, Johannesburg. Represented by Millennium Gallery.
– See Art, Association of Arts, Pretoria, curated by Derek Zietsman.
– Glass Sculpture – Now For Something Completely Different, with Lothar Böttcher and Maxi Pretorius, Julie Miller Investment Art Institute, Mall of Africa, Midrand.
– Vernissage – Group Exhibition, Moor Gallery, Franschhoek.
– Mute Wisdom, Almenkerk Wine Estate, Elgin, Western Cape. Curated by Gordon Froud
– Beyond the Limit – Sculptural Glass, St. Lorient Fashion & Art Gallery, Brooklyn, Pretoria
– Glass Art Society Conference, Corning, NY, USA – Donated work for Silent Auction
– 1st Jozi Inner City Courtyard Sculpture Exhibition, curated by Gordon Froud, No.1 Eloff St., Johannesburg
– “Liquid”, group show by Smelt Glass Studio and Friends, at View Gallery, Norwood, Johannesburg
– “it’s an artist’s prerogative!”, group exhibition, Art It Is, Johannesburg
– “Thresholds (in)between Glasses”, group show curated by Thabang Monoa for his masters degree at Art It Is, Johannesburg
– “Ad Hoc”, pop-up group show at the Mince Festival, Cullinan
– FNB Collectors Lounge, Johannesburg Art Fair, curated by Dewald Prinsloo, Ebony Franschoek
– “The Games People Play”, group show curated by Gordon Froud and Yannis John Generalis, Aardklop National Art Festival, Potchefstroom.
– “Betwixt and Between”, South African Glass Artists, curated by Thabang Monoa for Aardklop National Art Festival, Potchefstroom.
– Dawid Ras, Collections an group show, Sandton, Johannesburg.
– Eclectic Group show, Halifax Art, Parkhurst, Johannesburg
– Jozi(Pty)Ltd., group show at Art It Is, Johannesburg
– Upcycle Chic, group show at Art It Is, Johannesburg
– Jozi Land Art, Autumn show by Site Specific Land Art, Emmarentia Botanical Gardens, Johannesburg
– “Reflections”, group show curated by the Stellenbosch Outdoor Sculpture Trust, Stellenbosch.
– “Pulling Roots” – curated by Gordon Froud and Vivian Tillet, Muldersdrift
– Jozi Land Art, Spring Show – Nominated as the Event Artist – A group show directed by Chris Reinders and Site Specific Land Art, Emmarentia Botanical Gardens, Johannesburg.
– “Blow Your Sculpture”, a Cool Capital 2014 project introducing the possibilities of glass to various artists working on other mediums, MAP South Africa, Harrie’s Pancakes, Eastwood, Pretoria
– “Play” – A curated sculptural group show at Nirox Sculpture Park, Krugers Dorp, South Africa. Curated by Beathur Mgoza Baker, Maaike Bakker, Jayne Crawshay-Hall & Isabel Mertz
– “The City, a Form of Life”, a Cool Capital 2014 exhibition by leading sculptors from Pretoria, Open Window Campus, Pretoria.
– Hsinchu International Glass Art Festival, Hsinchu City, Taiwan
– Rooftop VI – Contemporary Totem Poles, St. Lorient Art & Fashion Gallery, Brooklyn, Pretoria
– “Cathedra” – a Group show of chairs and seats, curated by Gordon Froud, North-West University Gallery; Bayliss Gallery, Norwood, Johannesburg.
– “Revealing Light – Light Revealed”, group exhibition, Tina Skukan Gallery, Pretoria
– “MorfforM”, a Tera Collective group show, Fried Contemporary Art Gallery, Pretoria
– “kárrictər”, collaborative exhibition with Stefan Hofmeyr, Art Space Durban, Durban
– “Showcase 1”, Bayliss Gallery, Norwood, Johannesburg
– “Shards”, group exhibition at Tina Skukan Gallery, Pretoria
– “Diane Victor Benefit Auction, FADA Gallery, University of Johannesburg
– “Conversations with King” – Contemporary Glass in South Africa, Tshwane University of Technology, Faculty of Arts Gallery, Pretoria
– Tom Waits for No Man”, travelling national group show, curated by Gordon Froud, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town
– “Art Sunday One”, Dawid’s Choice Gallery, 18 Silvela Road, Sandown Estate, Johannesburg (M. Dawid Ras)
– “Reveal” – Contemporary South African Glass Art, ArtEC Gallery, 36 Bird St., Port Elizabeth
– ABSA Art Gallery, “Re-sampled” invited group exhibition, Bloemfontein.
– “168 Hours”, Aardklop National Arts Festival, Snow Flake building, Potchefstroom, South Africa
– “Alice in Wonderland” Group Exhibition, curated by Gordon Froud, Longstreet Art Lovers 1932, Waterkloof, Pretoria
– “Interrupted” – Greek Cultural Week Group Exhibition, University of Johannesburg Art Gallery, Johannesburg.
– “INTERRUPTED” Art Exhibition at SAHETI School, Bedfordview, George Bizos SAHETI Scholarship and Bursary Fund
– “Objets d’Art” Glass & Jewellery Exhibition, St. Lorient Art & Fashion Gallery, Brooklyn, Pretoria
– ABSA Art Gallery, “Re-sampled” invited group exhibition, Johannesburg
– SASOL New Signatures 2012, Pretoria Art Museum, Finalist
– Pop Art Exhibition, The White House Gallery, Illovo, Johannesburg
– TUT Alumnae Exhibition, Tshwane University of Technology
– Kaleidoscope – Energy of Colour, St. Lorient, Pretoria
– Translucent, Chapman’s Art Emporium, Pretoria
– SASOL New Signatures 2011, Pretoria Art Museum, Finalist
– Werkstatt Schau, Samuel Weisenborn Studio, Schiessheim, Germany
– South African and Modern African Art, 26 Oct 2010, Bonhams Knightsbridge, London, UK
– “L’Origine du monde- this is not a porn song”, group exhibition in the Snow Flake building for the Aardklop National Arts Festival, Potchefstroom, South Africa
– Rooftop II Contemporary Sculpture Exhibition, University of Johannesburg Art Gallery, Johannesburg, South Africa
– Rooftop II Contemporary Sculpture Exhibition, , St. Lorient Fashion & Art Gallery, Brooklyn, Pretoria, South Africa
– Vloei – Group Exhibition of Contemporary Glass Artists, St. Lorient Fashion & Art Gallery, Brooklyn, Pretoria, South Africa
– African Light – Group Exhibition of Local and International Glass Artists, The Edge Glass Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa
– The Art of Soccer, UNISA Art Gallery, Pretoria, South Africa
– Hartwarm, Platform on 18th, Pretoria, South Africa
– Standard Bank Achiever, Standard Bank Gallery, Johannesburg, South Africa
– If I were a Woman… , Magpie Gallery, Centurion, South Africa
– Urban Visionaries, Chapman’s Art Emporium, Pretoria, South Africa
– Rendezvous, Focus Sculpture, Jhb & University of the North West Art Gallery
– Commit, Group exhibition at Platform on 18th Gallery, Pretoria.
– Reflect Refuel, Contemporary Art Exhibition, Art Association Pretoria, Pretoria.
– ABSA L’Atelier Competition 2007, Top 10 Finalist
– Boat and boat shapes, The Edge Glass Gallery, Cape Town
– Tajan Auction House, Paris. An African Painters Exhibition.
– The Lighter Side, a collaborative exhibition with Ignus Gerber (photography), Justice Mokoena (sound), The Rainforest, Gordart Gallery, Johannesburg
– FNB Craft Now, KZNSA Gallery, Durban – Finalist
– Beeldspraak, works by 52 established South African artists, University of Johannesburg Art Center
– Christmas Show, Gordart Gallery, Melville, Jhb.
– The South African Glass Art Society’s Glass Festival 2005
– The Edge Glass Gallery, Cape Town.
– Jean Welz Gallery, Worcester
– Dorp Street Gallery, Stellenbosch
– Irma Stern Gallery, Cape Town
– Leading Trends in Studio Glass, curated by Retief van Wyk, Pretoria Art Museum, Pretoria.
– ABSA L’Atelier Competition, Finalist
– Funktional, Gordart Gallery, Melville, Jhb.
– 10 x 10 x 10 Exhibition, Gordart Gallery, Melville, Jhb.
– FNB Vita Craft Now, Bus Factory, Newtown, Jhb. – Bronze award
– SAGAS Glass Festival:
– Gordart @ Thompson Gallery, Melville, Jhb.
– The Chris Tugwell Gallery, Brooklyn Mall, Pta.
– Ekurhuleni Fine Art Awards, Finalist
– Ekurhuleni Fine Art Awards, Finalist
– Internationaler Glaskunstpreis 2002, Rheinbach, Germany, 3rd Place Award
– FNB Vita Craft Now Exhibition 2002, Merit Award
– Contemporary Glass Art in Germany, Glasmuseum Immenhausen, Germany.
– Ekurhuleni Fine Art Awards